Saturday, July 25, 2009

Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying

"Ruins are not empty they are sacred places full of presence"

The winding stair opens out into the sprawling attic. A large soiled, bare mattress is in the middle of the floor. Over there, facing out to the park where my friends were supposedly playing a ball game, are three small multipaned windows. They are small and inviting windows just like the ones I dream of being able to lie in my bed and look of. Just like the ones on my sister's side of our atttic bedrom. I focus on the blue sky.

I slip out of my ruined body and float through the glass with effortless ease. I float out into the trees and the brilliant blue sky beyond the soft call of the Mourning Dove.

This graphic created using Sumo.
This memoir began with the June 8 post.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Iona,

    first time visiting your blog but not the last time. I started reading and couldn't stop. Such intruiging words, such deep stories. They are a bit confusing but very appealing.

    The quote about ruins is very beautiful!

    Sweet greetz from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Momo Luna
    Thank you for stopping by and for your comments...I have visited your blog and am very moved by what you bring to the world.
    I will see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping '-)