Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nature Nurture...


What a great way to begin the fresh new walk around the Medicine Wheel of Life (i.e. Spring Equinox) than to celebrate kids exploring, discovering and simply playing freely out doors. I recall so clearly my mom responding to any of my whines of 'what is there to do?' by ushering me out into the yard where I could climb a tree to perch with a favorite book, romp with my pup or take a good walk with him in tow to our favorite haunts in nearby John Muir Woods where I would follow racoon and deer footprints along the edge of the creek or just lie on my back watching clouds float by....ahhhhhhh.
April is Children and Nature Month...started in 2006 grab a kid of any age and go outside and wander. http://www.donnaionadrozda.com/CHILDREN_AND_NATURE.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping '-)